Men and Women of almost all ages are both often very conscious of their physique – wondering whether they are too skinny or a little too chubby, or if they are so tall that people turn to look twice or if they are too short that they often go unnoticed. And let’s face it – everybody wishes they were an inch or two taller. Some learn to embrace their supposedly short height, while some people just cannot settle and look for other ways to look taller. However, there are a few changes you can make in your wardrobe that can give the illusion of height and make you appear taller than you actually are. Here’s how to look taller:
Clothes that make you look taller – Remember; vertical stripes, well fitted and tonal monochrome. Make sure you pick for outfits that have these, why? Simply because just like horizontal stripes makes the wearer appear wider, vertical stripes make them appear taller. Also, it is important to know your size because a poorly fitted outfit can make you look either too big or too small (in both height and width). Lastly, the technique of wearing a single color in different shades allows people’s eyes to scan up and down the body quickly without stopping; and dark colors are your best bet (charcoal, navy etc.)
- Shoes that make you look taller – Heels? Heels. Shoes that have a low-cut vamp (the portion of a shoe that cuts across your foot at the front) instantly make your legs look longer AND slimmer at the same time. Pair these with your skirts, shorts, and dresses and you are ready to go. Additionally, if you are able to find a pair that matches your skin tone, that’s bound to give the illusion of mile-long legs.
- How to dress to look taller – Alright, summing up everything, here are some outfit ideas that should make you look taller:
- Know your jeans – Fitted jeans with a distinct flare at the bottom make your legs look longer — especially when the hem hits the top of your shoes (heels, definitely!) Try to keep the fit of the jean super-slim through the leg, and make sure the waistband hits your natural waist. Furthermore, make sure to pair your flares with a waist-length top, or a blouse you can tuck in and look chic.
- Go high waisted – You may create the illusion of a lengthened profile by wearing high waisted gear. This too can create the appearance of longer looking legs, and so make you look taller. High waisted shorts and skirts are amazing, and when it comes to pant, go for a straight-legged pair.
- Wear V-necks – As is already obvious, V-neck tops usually elongate the neck and can therefore make your silhouette look heightened. Consider tucking one in to a pair of high waisted pants for a trendy and classy look.
- Accessorize smartly – Since your aim is to draw all eyes to your upper body, accessorize well. Wear your scarves loosely, add a hat to your outfit, or tie your hair up!
Also, there are many other ways to look taller.
Most essentially, it is important to realize that your height solely doesn’t define you, there are a million other things you can add to your personality and become the person you want to be.