Or How To Look Like Victoria Beckham In No Time
Okay, maybe that last part is a little outrageous, but the truth is that all mothers can look stylish and breathtaking, Victoria Beckham or not. There is no doubt that motherhood calls women to extend themselves in ways they didn’t think possible, but fashion need not fall victim to the wants and needs of children, no matter how pressed for time and energy we may feel. As we head into winter and the air starts to chill, it’s time to break out the cozies and slip into something comfortable and warm, all the while looking our best and most beautiful. If you find yourself needing some guidance in the right direction, read on.
Just because we are busy moms doesn’t mean we are destined to pick up the kids from soccer practice donned in baggy tee shirts and dirty sweat pants. With these simple suggestions you can take your wardrobe from drab to glam with no added hassle.
– Skip the yoga pants this winter and instead stock your wardrobe with Jeggings, a cross between jeans and leggings. You get the same comfort and stretch of yoga pants, but with the style and look of jeans.
– Opt for roomy, long-sleeved shifts to pair with your Jeggings. Look for bright and colorful pieces that will go with anything and can easily transition from making lunch at home with the kids to coffee out with friends.
– A winter wardrobe is simply incomplete without a stylish wool poncho. Throw this indispensable staple over your outfit on your way out the door and you have an instantly fashionable and pulled-together look.
– The camel coat is another winter wardrobe must-have. These range in a variety of styles, so pick the one that speaks to you. Throw this on over whatever you are wearing and you will instantly become the best-dressed mom in the crowd.
– Last but never least is the trendy riding boot. Pull these on over a pair of Jeggings and match them with a colorful shift- a classic look that never goes out of style.
Remember when putting together a basic seasonal wardrobe that accessories are your best friend and can take an outfit to the next level. You don’t need to go all out here- a little goes a long way.
– A few pieces of statement jewelry will go a long way in sprucing up your outfit this winter, but be thoughtful in what you choose. Bright and tasteful with contrasting colors to your basic wardrobe is what you want to look for.
– Chunky hip belts are another great option and can instantly turn something hum-drum into something stylish. Just throw over Jeggings and a peasant blouse and you’ve got yourself a star-worthy outfit.
– Pashminas are another winter wardrobe staple that double as a scarf or shawl, and will instantly elevate any outfit. Go for bright and contrasting colors here to make a bold statement.
Last But Not Least…
Remember you are beautiful just the way you are- clothes are only the icing on the cake. Be confident in yourself as a woman and a mother, and that will always shine through…no matter what you may be wearing this season.